Applications for the fully-funded Yenching Academy Fellowship are currently being accepted from qualified and outstanding candidates. The Yenching Academy provides its scholars with full fellowships and a diverse range of interdisciplinary courses.
Through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies, Peking University’s Yenching Academy aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world. This initiative brings together international students who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation as young people.
About Yenching Academy Fellowship
At Yenching, they are immersed in a rigorous learning environment where they can investigate China’s role in the world, both historically and in the future. The mission of the Academy is to develop future generations of global citizens who have a nuanced understanding of China.
The Yenching Scholars design their own study plans by selecting courses from six research areas while collaborating closely with their academic mentors. They take part in a range of extracurricular activities and field studies that are planned by scholars themselves and run by the Yenching Academy.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Host Institution(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Fellowship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The following requirements must be fulfilled in order for an applicant to be considered for a fully funded Yenching Academy Fellowship:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must have a Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2023
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Peking University does not allow students to be enrolled in other degree programs whilst studying at the university.
The Yenching Academy provides a generous fellowship benefits to all scholars, including:
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipend
- One round trip travel fare
- Field study cost
How to Apply for Yenching Academy Fellowship
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. More details will be available through the admissions portal once the applicant has created an account.
Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrolment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
○ IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
○ TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
○ Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
○ CET 6: Overall 600
○ TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Native English speakers and alumni of an English taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.