The International Monetary Fund’s Legal Department is currently accepting applications from young university students for an internship assignment as part of the Fund Internship Program 2023. (FIP).
The IMF promotes global monetary cooperation, financial stability, international trade facilitation, high employment and sustainable economic growth, and poverty reduction.
About IMF Fund Internship Program 2023
The duration of the internship will be 10-12 weeks, and will be undertaken between May and October 2023 (the precise period of the internship will be agreed between the department and the successful candidate).
The selected candidate will work in one of the units of the Legal Department under the supervision and guidance of a senior member of the unit. Projects assigned (which differ from year to year) will be determined at a time closer to the start of the internship to ensure that they are directly aligned with the department’s work program and, to the extent possible, with the interests of the intern. Past internship research projects have covered a broad spectrum of legal issues as the examples below from previous year illustrate:
- Analysis of the impact of corruption on sovereign lending and on sovereign debt restructuring.
- Review the regulatory approaches taken by one or more financial centres to insider trading and the use of material non-public information.
- Research on international law issues related to monetary and financial law with relevance to the IMF’s mandate on surveillance and use of IMF resources
- Research on Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) design options to facilitate analysis on the financial integrity and anti-money laundering and combating terrorism financing implications generated by different arrangements.
- Analysis of cross-border payments data and identification of outlier financial flows potentially related to money laundering, underlying crimes and terrorism financing.
Also check this : British Council Nigeria Internship Programme for Young Graduates 2023 [ Paid Internship]
Company/Organisation(s): International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Internship Location: USA
Internship Duration: 10-12 weeks
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
To be eligible for IMF Fund Internship Program 2023, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be within one or two years of completing their L.L.M., J.D., or equivalent degree in law.
- Be in student status, i.e., must be returning to university after their internship.
- Should normally not exceed 32 years of age.
- Have an excellent command of English (both written and oral).
- Possess strong quantitative and computer skills.
Also check this : Shell Nigeria Student Industrial Training and Internship Programme 2023
How to Apply for IMF Fund Internship Program
To be considered for IMF 2023 Fund Internship Program, applicants should submit application online and must attach the following to their job applications:
- Fully completed application form.
- Responses to all questions.
- CV or Résumé; as an attachment.
- University transcript for current program of study; and
- Two academic reference letters
After submitting your application, you will receive a system-generated acknowledgement. Only candidates who are identified for further consideration will be contacted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please note: if you are unable to attach 2 academic reference letters to your application at this time, this will not lead to disqualification. If you are long-listed for further consideration you will have a short timeframe in which to provide the references, at that time.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
I want to gain admission too thank you
kindly do your research and apply to the school
join our telegram channel t.me/scholarshipavenue