Application is hereby invited to apply for holland scholarship from Non-EEA International Students who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands. The scholarship amounts to €5,000. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship. The grant is awarded for one year and can only be received once.
About Holland Scholarship
This scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
Why study in Netherland
The Netherlands is a small country in Western Europe with a rich cultural tradition, excellent higher education, and a people who are open-minded and forward-thinking.
1. Wide range of English programmes
Dutch universities offer the largest number of English-taught programmes in continental Europe. About 2,000 programmes are taught entirely in English.
Also, 95% of the Dutch speak English, so it’s easy to communicate in daily life.
2. Good value for your money
The quality of Dutch higher education is well-recognised. The tuition fees and cost of living are considerably lower than in English-speaking countries.
Also, there are lots of scholarship opportunities.
The Dutch teaching style is interactive and student-centred. You will develop valuable skills such as analysing, solving practical problems and creative thinking.
3. Big international community
NL’s many international students come from more than 160 different countries. Dutch society is diverse and inclusive. It is strongly connected to other cultures, the business community and the world. The Dutch are open-minded and direct, so it is easy to meet them and exchange ideas.
Read the stories of international students in the Netherlands.
4. Great place to live
The Netherlands is one of the safest countries in the world, according to the 2018 Global Peace index and belongs to the top 10 happiest countries in the world. Read more about the good Dutch standard of living in the OECD’s Better Life Index.
The Netherlands has a rich history with historic cities and the highest museum density in the world.
Discover the most beautiful places in the Netherlands.
Also, the Netherlands is the gateway to Europe! In just three hours you can be in Paris. London and Berlin are just a five or six hour train ride away.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Dutch Ministry of Education
Host Institution(s): Universities in Netherland
Scholarship Worth: €5,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates and Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
Application Deadline: 1 February 2023 or 1 May 2023
Eligibility criteria | Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students 2023
To be qualified for Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students, candidates must meet the criteria given below:
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Must meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Also check this : University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Research Projects 2023
Participating research universities and universities of applied sciences
For the academic year 2021-2022 the universities mentioned below participated in Holland Scholarship. In October 2022 the participating universities for academic year 2023-2024 will be published on this website.
Participating research universities
Below is an overview of the Dutch research universities participating in the Holland Scholarship. You can find the specific closing dates and the fields of study for this academic year on the website of the institution you want to apply to.
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
Participating universities of applied sciences
Below is an overview of the Dutch universities of applied sciences participating in the Holland Scholarship
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (pdf, 400 kB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
How to Apply
You must apply directly to the participating institution of your choice for the Holland Scholarship. The application deadline is either 1 February 2023 or 1 May 2023. You must confirm the correct deadline by visiting the website of the institution of your choice.