International students who intend to study for a Masters Degree at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland may apply for the UNIL Master’s Grants on a competitive basis.
About University of Lausanne
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of Protestant theology, before being made a university in 1890. The university is the second oldest in Switzerland, and one of the oldest universities in the world to be in continuous operation. As of fall 2017, about 15,000 students and 3,300 employees study and work at the university. Approximately 1,500 international students attend the university (120 nationalities), which has a wide curriculum including exchange programs with world-renowned universities.
Since 2005, the university follows the requirements of the Bologna process. The 2011 Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranked the University of Lausanne 116th globally. The CWTS Leiden Ranking 2015 ranks the University of Lausanne 11th in Europe and 41st globally, out of 750 universities.
University of Lausanne Master’s Grants for International Students
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Lausanne
Host Institution(s): University of Lausanne
Scholarship Worth: Partial
Number of Scholarship: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Deadline : 1st November 2022
- Must be international student
- Must obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- Must have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
All Master’s programme from among those offered by the UNIL, except the following
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law*
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
* For the Master of Law, only two specializations – “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
Take Note : Withdrawal from the master programme will lead to the suspension of the scholarship.
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
How to Apply
Candidates for the Masters Scholarship must apply online and upload their complete application file in PDF during the online application
Candidates must send their completed application with required documents, unbound, by post at the university’s address.
The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows. The postmark will attest to the date sent.