The Queensland University of Technology invites submissions from exceptional and properly qualified applicants for the Queensland University of Technology WH Bryan PhD Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
The award is open to both domestic and international students, with the goal of assisting emerging researchers in gaining valuable research experience in Queensland. A fellowship to assist an outstanding PhD candidate in Queensland who is passionate about making a worldwide impact through earth sciences research.
Queensland University of Technology PhD Scholarship
The WH Bryan Scholarship is to support a new student and project. Students who have already received/accepted a PhD scholarship offer, and/or who have already enrolled in, or commenced a PhD program are not eligible.
The aim of the WH Bryan Scholarship is to advance the understanding of Queensland Earth Sciences, addressing a globally significant problem leading to impactful outcomes, with the supported project to be led by a high-quality PhD candidate.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Host Institution(s): Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
To be eligible for Queensland University of Technology WH Bryan PhD Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must enroll in full-time degree program
- You must be applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the area of earth sciences hosted by one of these universities:
- The scholarship is available for domestic or international students with the aim of supporting developing researchers in obtaining a highly valued research experience in Queensland.
- The WH Bryan Scholarship is to support a new student and project. Students who have already received/accepted a PhD scholarship offer, and/or who have already enrolled in, or commenced a PhD program are not eligible.
- The successful student will need to commence their studies at the host university by 30 June 2023.
Also check this : Monash University International Merit Scholarship for International Students 2023
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits during the program:
- A living allowance of $32,000 each year for three years
- A research project funding allowance of $18,000 each year for three years
- Up to $20,000 to cover start-up costs for the project (eligible start-up costs include airfares, moving expenses, and overseas student health cover for international students)
- Support for some international activities by the scholar such as international conference presentations, field workshops, laboratory work.
- If you are an international student, you will also receive a QUT research degree (HDR) tuition fee sponsorship.
Also check this : Study in UK : Fully Funded British Chevening Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023
How to Apply
To be considered for Queensland University of Technology WH Bryan PhD Scholarship, applicants should submit application online and Read full application guidelines on the WH Bryan Scholarship website.
Make contact soon with a potential supervisor in the field of earth sciences. Your supervisor must submit the application for you; therefore, we recommend ensuring their support by Wednesday 5 October 2022 to ensure enough time.
Once you have the support of your proposed supervisor, work with them on your research proposal and application for the scholarship. You will need to prepare your curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and a brief statement outlining why you are applying and how this fits into your future career.