Candidates who are interested and eligible can submit an application for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme for African Students. African students who are enrolled in or about to enroll in a full-time degree program can only use this program.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), a political organization in Germany, bears the name of the first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. With the intention of fostering democracy via political education and training, KAS has operations all over the world.
Since 1999 KAS has funded a scholarship programme, run by the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA).
This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
The scholarship program is offered at any of the following Universities in South Africa:
- Stellenbosch University
Also check this : Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023
Brief Description | KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
Host Institution(s): WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
Eliigibility | KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme
Application requirements for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Program for African Students include the following:
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must Master students or seeking to enroll for Master degree program
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time program
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree program
- Applicants must be fluent in English Language.
- Applicants may be required to show proof that they are enrolled, or have been accepted to a Master’s programme, commencing in 2022 at the following institutions: Wits, UCT, or Stellenbosch University.
How to Apply
To be considered for the KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme, applicants should please fill in your contact details online. After pressing submit, an e-mail will be sent to you with more information about the application process.
- For enrolment into a Masters Programme, you will need a letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers.
- Include at least one additional written reference with your application.
- full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- A two-page motivation of why you are applying for the scholarship programme and why you should be considered as an applicant.