For the 2022/2023 academic session, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for students, which will provide Comprehensive financial support to students studying for an undergraduate
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST)
MCFSP at KNUST provides comprehensive scholarships for access to quality university education to qualified yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars program offers an opportunity for her scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to become effective change leaders. The program provides an array of services including mentorship, ethical leadership seminars, skills training, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement, and transition to employment opportunities that will equip the scholar to be a global citizen.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation/KNUST
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): KNUST, Ghana
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
- NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to:
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Plus numerous other benefits (see official site)
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application form (HERE!)
- The scholarship application form is free and has a feature of a “2022” watermark.
- Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can. Do not wait until admissions are opened at KNUST.
- Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to the address below;
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, 30TH JUNE, 2022.