The Elevate Scholarship programme is intended to promote the future of the news industry by embracing and advancing traditionally under-represented and disadvantaged groups at news media companies below the senior management level.
About the Elevate Scholarship Programme
The International News Media Association (INMA) and the Google News Initiative (GNI) aspire to provide fresh faces and voices with solid news industry basics as well as networking and mentoring opportunities through Elevate Scholarships.
Removing barriers to fair participation in news industry training and development can break the glass ceiling for professionals from under-represented groups, stifling innovation and threatening the survival of news media.
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be employed by a news media company
- Hold a position below senior management at your organisation
- Be in the business of news media for less than 15 years
- Be under age 45
- Aspire to become a top manager at a news media company
- Be a part of an under-represented and disadvantaged group within your country
How to Apply for the Elevate Scholarship Programme
Interested applicants for the Elevate Scholarship Programme for news media professionals 2022 must submit an application Online
Deadline for applications: September 23, 2022