The ClimaTech Run for Startup is accepting applications from forward-thinking IT startups in Africa. Around the globe, entrepreneurs are working on cutting-edge inventions, and many of these initiatives have a bright future in the fight against global warming.
Global startups get the chance to pitch at COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, as well as take part in capacity building, incubation, and acceleration programs thanks to ClimaTech Run’s tech-startup track.
ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup
The ClimaTech Run is focused on using ICT to create new applications and creative solutions for tackling climate change, particularly in the following thematic areas: energy, food security and agriculture, water management, industry 4.0 for tackling climate change, urban sustainability, mobility and transportation, and other applications for climate resilience. There will be 10 finalists, a unique grand prize of $100,000, and an exclusive African startup prize of $50,000.
CLIMATECH SUPPORTS TECHNOLOGIES SUCH AS
- The use of AI in climate forecasting, e-agriculture, and satellite imagery analysis
- IoT and sensor-based applications (weather, soil, and water big data information processing)
- Smart cities applications lead to low carbon footprint and climate adapting economies
- Electric vehicles technologies
- E-waste management and recycling
- Industry 4.0 applications (consumption and waste optimization, quality enhancement)
- ICT applications in green and renewable energy
- Clean Water Technologies
To be eligible for the ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Registered startup operating for over 2 years or a proven track record
- Has a team of at least 2 members, with member’s average age below 40
- Sustainably driven and innovative business-supported by one or more emerging technologies
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product)
- The team must have good communication skills and can present their startup in English.
Prizes for the track are:
- Grand prize of USD 100,000
- 2nd prize of USD 50,000
- 3rd prize of USD 25,000
How to Apply | ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup
Before the application deadline, interested participants in the ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup 2022 must submit an online application.