Applications are now being accepted for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, which runs from 2023 to 2025.
About CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides
- Interdisciplinary interactions
Pursuing the most exciting and important research questions requires scholars who can move beyond their own research areas to take a fresh look at a problem.
- Leadership development
Excellent management and communication skills will be key to success in the demanding and competitive world of research.
- Engagement in global communities
Tomorrow’s research leaders must effectively engage key stakeholders in their communities, in government, industry, or the general public to both inform and disseminate their work.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): CIFAR
Scholarship Worth: $100,000 CAD
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of leading researchers,
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support.
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate, and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines.
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online, using the application form provided at: cifar.ca/global-scholars
Deadline : October 25, 2022
- A summary of the value you anticipate from the
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar experience, aside
from the financial benefits. (400 words maximum)
- A brief statement about three areas of leadership
and/or communications skills that you would like
to strengthen through your participation
in the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program.
(100 words maximum)
- A brief statement about how your skills and
knowledge will contribute to advancing CIFAR’s
commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
(250 words maximum)
- A short description of your research interests
using lay terms for a general audience and
public use. (100 words maximum)
- Reference Letter